Khalamov is our spotlight member of October. He is not currently playing any Acolyte sponsored games but he is playing the recently released Divinity Original Sin 2 with several Acolyte Community members.
1. When, what game and why did you join the Acolyte Community?
1) It was about two months before Black Desert Online came out, that being the game I joined Acolytes for, and I joined because a friend of mine was joining the guild and wanted me to come along. Now he's left the guild, but I liked it here so I stayed.
2. How did you end up being a Meth Lab channel regular?
2) When BDO turned into a grind fest for me, I started looking at Discord to see where other people were hanging out, what games, and I saw Meth Lab, which obviously wasn't a game, but I've been around enough chatrooms to recognize the ones where the most irreverent, godawful hooligans hang out and figured I'd try it. The first day I popped in, the gang was playing GTA V, which I didn't own at the time, and it sounds like they were having too much fun spreading mayhem, so I bought it and started playing with them and I've been a regular ever since.
3. Tell me a funny story.
3) Funny story...funny story...honestly it's hard for me to think of a funny story when I'm actively trying. Usually I just blurt them out when someone says something that triggers one. But there's lots of them...like the time I got pulled over driving a friend's race car to the only 100 octane pump in town because the car had too much power for the street and fishtailed right in front of a cop, or the time I got pulled over for cutting off an undercover federal agent and the cop let me go after a warning because he had to catch up to the agent and keep an eye on him, or the time I got pulled over because I has high and didn't notice the cop had his lights going and was trying to stop me for over 10 minutes, or the time I thought a cop (that was in front of me) was pulling me over for speeding (over 95 mph) but he said he was just trying to get out of the way so I wouldn't hit him...
4. You live in Houston and stayed during Hurricane Harvey. How bad was it where you were located and what kind of thoughts did you have while it was going on?
4) I was very lucky. My apartment is only a couple blocks from Buffalo Bayou on the west side of Houston. Where I am is high enough that I didn't see any flooding and only lost power once or twice very briefly (like a few minutes). I was worried during the rain, then again when they started releasing water from the reservoirs (Addicks and Barker). My parents live in Houston as does my brother and his wife, but they were all okay as well.
5. What games are you looking forward to playing with the Acolytes?
5) Interested in Camelot Unchained, and I'll probably end up getting Destiny 2, but honestly I usually get whatever everyone else is playing that has multiplayer. Right now it's Divinity Original Sin 2 and Crossout.
I had a great time interviewing Khalamov and hope that he enjoyed the experience as well. If you would like to get to know more about Khalamov than what you found here you can find him in the Meth Lab channel on Discord. I look forward to more Acolyte Member Spotlights as we look to spotlight members from all over our Acolyte community! You will find our Acolyte Member Spotlights here on our forums under the drop down of About Us as well as on our Public Facebook page
Hey Guest, don't forget to fill out an application so that you can get the correct groups assigned and have all the permissions you need to post, read and upload photos!Dismiss Notice
If you've previously been in Acolytes hit the Current Member app.
If you are new to Acolytes hit the Join Us app.
Any questions be sure to pm FatGoat for help!